Thomas Amos (1786-1822)
Thomas Amos was a member of a prominent Baltimore Quaker potting family. He closed a Baltimore partnership, leaving his brother William to continue there, when he moved with his wife and son to Four Mile Creek near Richmond. Thomas found lodging and work with Samuel Frayser at the former Richard Randolph Manufactory. Amoss worked alongside Frayser from 1818 to 1821, when the two began to work independently. Thomas died in 1823, leaving the disposal of his land and operation to his wife’s discretion.