Frank L. Horton Society
Your Support Allows Us to Fulfill Our Mission.
Donors who make unrestricted annual gifts of $1,000 or more are members of the Frank L. Horton Society. In 1965, Frank L. Horton, together with his mother, Theodosia L. Taliaferro, founded the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts. They were passionate about acquiring, conserving, researching and exhibiting important examples of southern craftsmanship.
The Frank L. Horton Society recognizes friends of MESDA who share their passion and dedication to the Museum and southern material culture.
Members of the Frank L. Horton Society receive the Main Benefits package and other benefits, including:
• Unlimited complimentary general admission to MESDA’s self-guided galleries, the Town of Salem, and the Gardens at Old Salem
• 10% off purchases in Old Salem’s retail stores and online store, including the MESDA Bookstore
• Points South e-newsletter featuring exciting new scholarship and museum updates
• Access to members-only events
Frank L. Horton Society Levels:
Society Level • $1,000
- Main Benefits package
- Membership and admission for two (2), plus admission for six (6) guests
- $60-Level Friends of MESDA membership to use as a gift
- Unlimited complimentary Connoisseur Tours for members
- Invitations to exclusive Frank L. Horton Society events
- Recognition at MESDA events
Scholar Level • $2,500
- All Society-Level membership benefits
- Limited print editions of the MESDA Journal
Curator Level • $5,000+
- All Scholar-Level membership benefits
- Exclusive access to MESDA curatorial expertise
When you click the link above, you will be directed to the Old Salem Museums & Gardens website to complete your transaction.
For more information about the Frank L. Horton Society or to schedule an installment plan,
contact Melissa Bertram, Manager of MESDA Conferences, Travel & Symposia, at [email protected] or 336-721-7328.