Frank L. Horton Society
Donors who make unrestricted annual gifts of $1,000 or more are members of the Frank L. Horton Society. In 1965, Frank L. Horton, together with his mother, Theodosia L. Taliaferro, founded the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts. They were passionate about acquiring, conserving, researching and exhibiting important examples of southern craftsmanship.
The Frank L. Horton Society recognizes friends of MESDA who share their passion and dedication to the Museum and southern material culture.
Members of the Frank L. Horton Society receive the Main Benefits package and other benefits, including:
• Unlimited complimentary general admission to MESDA’s self-guided galleries, the Town of Salem, and the Gardens at Old Salem
• 10% off purchases in Old Salem’s retail stores and online store, including the MESDA Bookstore
• Regular updates and quarterly e-newsletter featuring exciting new acquisitions and scholarship
• Subscription to Old Salem Museums & Gardens Magazine
Frank L. Horton Society Levels:
Society level • $1,ooo (fully tax-deductible)
• Main Benefits package
• Admission for two (2) cardholders and 6 guests
• $60 level Friends of MESDA membership to use as a gift
• Unlimited complimentary Behind-the-Scenes Tours for cardholders
• Invitations to exclusive Frank L. Horton Society events
• Recognition at MESDA events
Scholar level • $2,5oo (fully tax-deductible)
• All Society Level membership benefits
• Limited print editions of the MESDA Journal
Curator level • $5,ooo+ (fully tax-deductible)
• Scholar Level membership benefits
• Exclusive access to MESDA curatorial expertise
When you click below, you will be directed to the Old Salem Museums & Gardens website to complete your transaction.