HOA: 9; DIA (base) 2 7/8
These wares were originally manufactured in Cologne, Germany, in the 16th century, but they were copied by John Dwight’s pottery in Fulham, England as early as 1675. Coats of arms on the works relate to the country of use, not origin. Therefore it is difficult to discern the English pieces from those of the Rhenish potteries. Many examples of this type have been found in excavations of seventeenth century sites in this country.