Architecturally the church has a single nave, a three-story tower, stepped buttresses and gables, and Gothic-arched windows. It’s brickwork is laid in Flemish bond. It is the earliest surviving church in Virginia. Local legend dated the building to 1632. Dendrochronology carried out by Oxford Tree-Ring Laboratory in 2008 dated the building to after 1676. For more information see: www.dendrochronology.com/stc.html
The building was documented by the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1934: www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/hh/item/va0599/
It is open to the public: www.historicstlukes.org
The baluster remained in the collection of the Connecticut Historical Society until the 1980s when Robert F. Trent, then curator of that collection, arranged for its transfer to MESDA.